Summer is almost here and with it the warm weather!!! Have you noticed that the appearance of the moon is changing these days? If you peek through the window towards the sky you’ll notice that it is appearing bigger with a beautiful glow. Forecasters relate it to a phenomenon in the planetary object that seems to give it this new look. So while you are enjoying the good weather and the glorious changes on the moon make yourself this bright and re-freshing salad for Cinco de Mayo.
What triggers ideas for my meals? Most often I get cravings to eat something special and it is usually something that is not easily procureable from a restaurant. I tend to use whatever I have in the fridge at a particular time, or I may pull out something that I had frozen earlier and use that before it loses its fresh flavor. This time it was the latter and that means my Basil and Mint Pesto. But again, this dish looked utterly beautiful when I served it and I thought I could easily serve this as an appetizer for my next party (BTW, I'm hosting a bridal shower for V's best friend this Summer), and besides this one turned out with a total knockout flavor!!
1/2 cup of
1/2 cup softened goat cheese
1/2 cup Sundried tomato and a pinch of red pepper flakes
processed in a food processor until smooth.
Chicken Breasts 2
Mayyonnaise- 2 tablespoon
1. Place the chicken breasts on a steady cutting board, and using a sharp knife slice into one flat piece(butterfly each breast). Open out the halves without completely seperating the breast. Then using a meat tenderizer and a plastic wrap, beat down the chicken meat until it is flattened but not too thin.
2. In a blender or food processor pulse the sundried tomato along with a bit of its oil and a pinch of crushed red pepper to form a sundried tomato pesto.
3. Place each flattened chicken breast on a wax paper and start applying each layer of filling.
Start withgoat cheese, followed by pesto and then the tomato pesto. The goat cheese must go first since it sticks to the meat well.
3. Using the wax paper slowly roll the chicken from the side nearest to you and tightly but gently
roll into a cigar shape and twist the wax paper tightly over it. Store in Fridge or freezer until ready to use.
4. When ready to serve, dip the defrosted chicken cigars into Mayyonnaise and bake them at 375 degrees until the meat is tender. You may pan fry them until brown and cooked inside.
5. When cool, slice as thin as possible and serve over stir fried vegetables or a salad.