A Thanksgiving side to share with you, Acorn squash baked until caramelly, soft and sweet filled with savory rice and sweet cherries and pecans.
Any brand Instant Brown and Wild Rice - 1 box
Sage- 1/4 tspn
Dried fruits like cherries, cranberries and pecans- 1/2 cup
Vegetable broth- 1 cup
Butter- 1 Tbslpn
2 tspn brown sugar
Acorn Squash- 2
1. Wash and dry the Acorn squash, cut each one in half and scoop out the insides.
2. Prepare a baking pan with a little olive oil. Place the acorn squash face up on them
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add a dab of butter into each half and 1/4 tspn brown sugar.
4. Place them in an oven and bake at 375 degrees for about an hour.
5. In the meantime, made the Brown and Wild rice as per the instructions in the box adding
vegetable broth to cook the rice.
6. Add the dried fruit and nut mix into the cooked rice.
7.Scoop the rice into the hollow of the baked acorn squash and serve warm.