Monday, October 13, 2014

#297 Mini Oreo Cheesecakes, By: V

Baking has always seemed such a daunting endeavor.  Watching bakers and pastry chefs make their creations, they use such precision with measurements, and what can I say, I'm more of a "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of cook.  But, recently I've decided to try my hand at desserts.  While I don't have much of a sweet tooth (except when it comes to ice cream), I think having a sweet treat or two under my belt would certainly be a good idea.  Not just because we should all challenge ourselves in the kitchen, but because desserts tend to make a great host/hostess gift! And with a friend's invitation to a game night, it seemed like I found the perfect opportunity to make a sweet treat.

I immediately thought, cheesecake!  Who doesn't like cheesecake?  Well, actually, I don't, BUT most people do, so I figured cheesecake would be a good option.When I found a recipe on Kraft's website for mini oreo cheesecakes I knew I found a delicious option, and I have to say an easy one too!  For someone who isn't a cheesecake fan, I surprisingly made these, pensively tried one out, and fell in love.  I have to say it may be the Oreos (another sweet treat I like). I promise I don't have THAT big of a sweet tooth.

With an entire Oreo cookie as the base of these mini cheesecakes, and a creamy filling, these were a hit at the game night, right along with Cards Against Humanity.  If you haven't played this game before, try it out, it definitely gives a good laugh or two and will make for a good night, just like these mini Oreo cheesecakes...so try them out too!



Mini Oreo Cheesecakes - Makes 18

18 Oreos
8 Oreos chopped up (to top the cheesecakes)
1 1/2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
18 cupcake liners

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.  Place cupcake liners in muffin tin.  I used two muffin tin trays to make 18 mini cheesecakes.  Place 1 cookie in each cupcake liner.


Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended.  Lightly beat egg in a bowl and add to the cream cheese and sugar mixture.  Blend together.  Then add salt, vanilla and sour cream.  Beat together.


Spoon mixture on top of each oreo in each cupcake liner about 2/3 of the way up the cupcake liner.  Bake for 20 minutes or until centers are almost set.  Cool and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

Once cooled remove the cupcake liners and place on a serving dish.


Recipe adapted from Kraft Recipes OREO Upside-Down Mini Cheesecakes recipe.  

2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous beauties! I love the idea of using oreo as the base and topping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Angie! I was told that the WHOLE Oreo base was such a surprise, and a delicious one at that. The Oreo filling almost melts in the oven and makes the cheesecake even better.

    ReplyDelete

It’s always a pleasure to get feedback from all our readers. Please leave your name or contact info. Thanks for stopping by!

Print Friendly

Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF