Thursday, January 7, 2016

MD Eats: Black's Bar and Kitchen

One Saturday morning, Supreet and I met up for brunch at Black's Bar and Kitchen, in Bethesda.  Supreet's choice.  She said that this restaurant has a phenomenal seafood buffet, and after confirming on their website as I drooled over the bottomless seafood brunch, I basically ran over to the restaurant.  But, I was so disappointed when we found out that was only offered on Sundays....WHY?!  Why would you do this to meeee?!  

Yes, I get dramatic when "bottomless seafood" ends up being "here's the lunch menu."  In any case, we decided to give Black's a go because the regular menu still looked amazing and offered a ton of seafood dishes.  

Supreet ordered the Roasted Beet and Green Grape Salad with a grilled salmon filet on the side.  So delicious!  I mean look at that fantastic pillow of creamy goat cheese on top of a bed of frisee, arugula, raddichio and paprika spiced almonds, all tossed in a sherry-shallot vinaigrette.  


I ordered the Grapefruit & Avocado Salad.  This was so reminiscent of the sald I had when I was last in San Francisco - I just can't resist the flavors of grapefruit and avocado.  Two of my faves!  Thin slices of red onion in the salad were the perfect spicy counter to the sweet/sour of the grapefruit, and the creamy texture of the avocado slices.  A grilled shrimp skewer over the salad, was the perfect pairing.  

And, yes, they have martini specials all day Saturday, so we helped ourselves to an Extra Dirty Martini each.  Not a bad Saturday brunch at all :)  

PS - We're going back on a Sunday to get that bottomless seafood brunch!! If you're interested, check out the menu here. 

Rating:  B+

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s always a pleasure to get feedback from all our readers. Please leave your name or contact info. Thanks for stopping by!

Print Friendly

Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF