So, there's rain outside and this whole week has been pretty dreary, but, to me, it still feels like spring is here!! And with it comes the influx of salad recipes (though, lets be real, I can have a good salad all-year round). This salad is made with shaved brussel sprouts, that are softened with a nice basic lemon vinaigrette, and topped with chopped celery and pecans for extra crunch, and creamy soft goat cheese.
Lemony Brussels Sprouts Salad with Pecans and Goat Cheese
Juice of 1 lemon
2 oz chopped pecans
2 10 oz bags of shaved brussels sprouts
1/2 cup olive oil
salt + pepper
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 avocado, chopped
- Rinse and drain your shaved brussels sprouts in a colander. Set aside.
- Prepare a quick lemon dressing, by whisking together the lemon juice, maple syrup (or agave or honey), salt + pepper and olive oil in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl add the cleaned brussels sprouts. Add the dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Add in chopped pecans and avocado. Toss gently.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese and serve.