Nori- 2 sheets
A can of Cooked Salmon- 1/2 cup
Mayyonaise- 1 Tablespoons.
Horseradish sauce- 1 tspn
Cucumber sliced into thin sheets.
Mirin- 1 Tblspn
soy sauce and pepper to taste.
Red pepper strips- a few
Mango sliced into strips- a few
Cooked asparagus spears- a few
Avocado sliced thin- a few
Wasabi paste- 1 Tspn
Salmon Roe and Sesame Seeds (optional)
|Salmon wrap without rice|
1. Take the drained salmon in a bowl, toss with 1 tblspn mayyonnaise, and Horseradish sauce.
2. Place a bamboo mat on a chopping board. Place a sheet of nori followed by thin cucumber slices.
3. Scoop a Tablespoon of the salmon and spread in evenly onto the nori(pre-prepared according to instructions).
leaving about a cm at the top bare.
4. Press down a small wedge lengthwise in the centre add a small dab of wasabi paste along this wedge.
5. Now, toss the mirin, sugar, soy sauce and pepper with the sliced vegetables and place a handful of veggies in the middle.
6. Remove fingers and continue to roll tightly but gently squeezing until the two edges of the nori meet.
7. Cover the roll with the mat and give it a squeeze to make a neat roll.
8. Remove the bamboo mat and refrigerate for an hour.
9. Take a sharp knife and wet it with a little water, Slice the roll into six equal pieces.
10. Sprinkle or roll over salmon roe gently and sesame seeds for a garnish. Serve with pickled ginger and the rest of the wasabi.
11. Cook Sushi rice with mirin and use that instead of the salmon for a regular vegetarian sushi roll following the same steps.