Festive Kisses, red and white stripes with a minty kick ---sounds scrumptious doesn't it? That's what these tiny treats are loaded with-- a favorite little cookie to please almost anyone. Quick and easy sugar cookies can be topped with almost any of your favorite candies or chocolates but the peppermint is purely seasonal for the Holidays!!
Servings: 30-40 small cookies
Cooking time: 1 hour
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 tspn baking powder
1 cup butter at room temperature.
1 tspn vanilla extract
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Slowly break the egg in and beat well adding the vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
4. Gently add the dry ingredients from step 3 to the butter mixture.
5. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
7. While they are still warm and soft, press down a candy at the center of the cookie. Hershey Kisses are excellent to use but this time I've used the Hershey's candy cane Kisses. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.