We truly love our French hens, turtle doves and partridges in a pear tree, but if Rudolf doesn't take over all our attention at Christmas then who else does?
Rudolf with his red nose shining in the cold wind while he pulls Santa's sled as he goes from home to home on X'mas eve. Santa is on his way already this year, so let's get the milk and cookies out for him to nibble on as he makes his next stop. Can you guess which cookies will be absolutely the best to impress him? Make Santa Happy with these cookies and he is sure to drop many of your favorite presents when he come down your chimney!
Servings: 24 medium sized cookies
Cooking time: 45 minutes to 1 hour
Pre-made Sugar Cookie Mix
Molasses- 1/4 cup
Melted butter- 1/2 cup
Dry ground ginger- 2 Tblspn
Pretzels, Red m&ms and butterscotch chips for decoration
1. Mix together the cookie mix with dry ginger, molasses and melted butter until it forms a dough.
2. Add more molasses if needed until the dough comes together just enough to roll into a log.
3. Shape the log into triangular log so that when you cut them each triangle looks like the face of the Reindeer.
4. Wrap the triangular log in wax paper and store in the fridge for about 10-12 minutes until it is firm.
5. When ready to bake, remove the wax paper and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
6. While the oven is heating, place the slices flat on a baking sheet. Now press two pretzels down
on two ends of the triangle for antlers, the red nose on the third end and use a pair of butterscotch chips fo eyes.
7. When you are done making Rudolf's face on each slice, place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 20 mins until just firm. Cool and enjoy.