Monday, February 25, 2013
#266 Bombay Toast
Shallots chopped fine- 1/4 cup
Cilantro chopped fine- 1/4 cup
Green chili chopped fine- 1 Tspn
Ginger chopped fine- 1/2 tspn
Pepper and salt to taste.
White Bread -4 slices
Butter for pan roasting.
1. Break the eggs into a shallow bowl. Add salt and pepper and beat well with eggbeater.
2. Add a Tablespoon of water and mix well.
3. Add all the ingredients except for bread and butter to the egg mixture, beat well until fluffy.
4. Place skillet over a medium to low fire and add small dabs of butter.
5. When butter just melts, dip each slice of bread gently in the egg mixture coating all sides of the bread distributing the onions, cilantro all over evenly.
6. Gently place the soaked bread onto the skillet add a few more dabs of butter around and over the slices.
7. Toast until the egg is cooked and bread is lightly browned. Turn over and let cook in the same way on both sides. Remove and serve with ketchup.
Labels: NORTH INDIAN