Thursday, July 30, 2015

SF Eats: Taquerias El Farolito

Rating: A+  There are a ton of taco shops in San Francisco and surrounding areas.  But, on a recent venture out to satisfy a serious taco craving we headed over to Taquerias El Farolito.  A good-sized hole in the wall spot on an unexpected strip of Mission and across the street from another competing taco shop, we found a delicious taco home. 

We ordered the carne asada steak with just some onions and cilantro on top (the basic, and honestly, the REAL way to have a Mexican taco) and a chicken taco all dolled up with cheese, sour cream, avocado and salsa.  And, as if that wasn't enough, the place has its own salsa and toppings bar.  Which, well, a lot of taco shops in the Bay area have, but still I thought I should highlight this.  Absolutely delicious! 


You gotta go to this place!

4 comments:

  1. I am always happy to see photos of tacos, they are seriously my favourite food ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could transport myself to San Francisco right now I would totally go to this place! I love me a salsa and toppings bar and that avocado is looking very delicious right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much wish every restaurant had a salsa and toppings bar...it just works!

      Delete

It’s always a pleasure to get feedback from all our readers. Please leave your name or contact info. Thanks for stopping by!

Print Friendly

Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF