Sunday, August 2, 2015

My Week in Food

Saturday, July 25:  Today I met up with Mirona, Rekha and Rich at Red Derby.  I had a great Bloody Mary (and the fact that it was $3 doesn't hurt) and a Breakfast Bowl, tater tots covered with cheddar cheese tomatoes, onion, sausage, and scrambled eggs.  Of course I doused mine with some Tabasco.  




Sunday, July 26: I have to pat myself on the back for a delicious food Sunday Funday, or maybe Foodday?  Started off the morning with Chocolate Whey Protein Pancakes topped with almonds, maple syrup and strawberries.  For lunch I made this insane BBQ Chicken : I marinated the chicken in a combination of: (1) a Chipotle styled Chicken marinade we made for a cookout a month ago and froze extra of; (2) a BBQ sauce my mom brought me back from a recent trip to San Antonio; and, (3) some habanero peppers for added heat - delicious!  All with a side of collard greens doused in vinegar.  Finally, the day ended with a dinner of Honey Mustard Salmon, Arugula and Pear Salad, and Caramel Cookie Crunch Gelato (Talenti is freaking awesome).

Monday, July 27:  Tonight I made a homemade spaghetti sauce, with ground turkey, carrots and spinach.  Not to mention, I tried out gluten-free spaghetti for the first time! Yum.  


Tuesday, July 28:  For lunch today I had a delicious Chicken Red Curry from i-Thai Restaurant.  This is sort of the de facto place where my office orders their Thai lunches.  But, I gotta say it's good stuff! Then, since it was a co-workers birthday we downed some Georgetown Cupcake - I had the caramel one for the first time, um delicious!

Wednesday, July 29: Went to dinner tonight with Rabia.  We decided to check out a new place, on her recommendation, Grand Truck.  Situated right next to the Archives Metro Station, this place is great for casual dining or take out.  We ordered a Naan Burger and Gujranwala Lamb Masala to share.  Then we decided to order the Chocolate Naan...now we thought this would be a dessert naan, but what arrived was actually a naan filled with chocolate, onions and spices.  So, it was actually more savory than anything else.  I think the one thing I would definitely come back for here is the Naan burger...delicious! 

Thursday, July 30:  
Sachin and I enjoyed a date night at Kora, where we downed (per usual) a Duck Confit Pizza - this has quickly become our "go to" pizza order at Kora.  I mean the pizza is topped with, duck (obviously), gorgonzola, carmelized onions and walnuts.  Such a unique and fantastic combination that results in a sweet/salty combination.  Then, because we weren't quite full enough we shared the Penne Pasta which comes served with salmon and spinach, all in a delicious vodka tomato cream sauce.  




Plus, we made friends with the wonderful bartender who made us Palomas and Margaritas, without any of that nasty sour mix I hate so much (he said he hates it too).  So, all in all, a great meal!

3 comments:

  1. I love everything you ate! Duck confit pizza?? What?!? Yes and I'll take an extra-extra large with triple confit please :) I greatly dislike sour mix in my margarita too. It totally ruins the whole drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Duck confit pizza. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't just THAT delicious, my boyfriend would've never learned how to pronounce "confit" correctly. He's obsessed with it! 100% agree with you on sour mix ruining margaritas!! Why did they create that stuff?!

      Delete
  2. That pizza looks amazing. I have a huge pizza craving now ;)

    ReplyDelete

It’s always a pleasure to get feedback from all our readers. Please leave your name or contact info. Thanks for stopping by!

Print Friendly

Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF