I have fond memories of crispy fish tacos that I ordered at a local
restaurant. My Chipotle Red Wine Adobo Sauce came to mind, and I grilled up some fish filets in my East Coast kitchen by soaking the fish in the adobo sauce for a few hours until all the flavors are soaked up before they went on the grill. I hope you find this as refreshing and juicy, because my recipe replaces the usual fried fish stuffed tacos served in most restaurants with some flaky grilled chunks of fish. San Diego
1 pound tilapia fillets
1/2 cup fresh lime juice
1 cup my recipe # 76 Chipotle Red Wine Adobo Sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 Tblspn Lime juice
Sour Cream- ½ cup
Cilantro chopped- 1 cup
2 cups shredded cabbage
¼ cup shredded carrots and red onions.
Salt and pepper to taste
8 (7 inch) flour/whole wheat tortillas, warmed
Chopped lettuce or tomatoes.
1, Place the tilapia fillets in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the fish. Add the lime juice
2. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours.
3. To make the dressing, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, ¾ cup cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Toss the Cabbage, carrots and red onions into the dressing, mix and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Preheat and outdoor or indoor grill for high heat and grease the grate.
6. Remove fish from the marinade, drain off excess and discard the marinade.
7. Grill fish until easily flaked with a fork turning just once.
8. Assemble the tacos by warming the tortillas on grill or microwave.
9. Place the fish pieces in the center of each tortilla (lettuce,tomato are optional).
10. Add a heaping pile of refrigerated slaw and roll up tortillas.
11. Drizzle dressing, grated cheese and cilantro over the tacos and enjoy.