Healthy eating is a major part of being disease free. I am not always buying Organic food as I should, but some days I insist on buying all organic and coming up with an all-organic meal. Now that our neighborhood Farmer's Market is in session I love dropping by in my free time and picking up produce like greens for sauteing. Love to cook with Greens and Grains!! You'll notice that lately I've been cooking less and less with chicken or meat, only fish is being served:) I hear R grumbling quite often that he misses the usual carnivorous meals that he loves and I 've been ignoring his comments. Maybe I will come up with something new soon!! Anyway, here is one healthy & delicious paratha that is really sweet, soft and easy to make.
Organic Corn kernels- 1 cup
Organic Spelt flour- 1 cup
Whole Wheat Flour- 1 cup
Organic soft Tofutti Tofu sour cream or Tofu cream cheese- 1 cup
Flaxseed Meal- 1/4 cup
Millet Flour/Ragi flour- 1 cup
Olive Oil- 3 Tblspns
Salt to taste
1. Place all the flours, salt and Tofutti sour cream/cream cheese in the bowl of the kitchenaid with the dough blade.
2. Pour a cup or two of water very slowly and knead using the kneading blade until a soft dough is formed.
3. The picture shows the consistency of the dough. Avoid too much water.
4. Add the Olive oil as needed and hold the dough together.
5. Take the dough into small lemon sized balls and roll out with a rolling pin into flat breads.
6. Place the rolled flatbreads onto a baking sheet lined with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
7. Alternatively you can use a skillet and pan roast the flatbreads like a chapathi or roti.
8. When cooked, apply some ghee over each bread.