Basmati rice, boiled and cooled 3 cups
Oil 1 1/2 tablespoon
Egg 1 (per serving)
Garlic 15 clove
Onion , finely chopped 1
Carrot, grated 1
Red bell pepper chopped fine 1
Yellow bell pepper chopped fine 1
Tomato ketchup 2 tablespoon
Sriracha or chili sauce- 1 tablespoon
Cider Vinegar- 1 Tblpsn
Salt to taste
Coriander Powder- 1 tspn
Cumin Powder- 1/2 tspn
Cilantro chopped- 1/4 cup for garnish
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add the garlic and onions and sauté till the onions turn light brown.
2. Add the grated carrots, the bell peppers, coriander and cumin powders and saute for two to three minutes. Mix together the tomato ketchup, vinegar and red chilli sauce.
3. Add the rice, salt and mixed the sauce in. Toss well. Now add the cilantro and toss again.
4. To serve, fill a bowl or mould with rice as tight as you can and then invert onto a plate
5. Gently remove the bowl or mould, place a fried egg on top and serve immediately garnished with cilantro and mexican chilli powder.