Ridgegourd - 1
Almonds- 1/2 cup
Green Chillies- 2
Haldi or turmeric powder- 1/4 tspn
Ginger paste- 1/2 tspn
Asafoetida- 1 pinch
Tempering: Cumin seeds, Red chillies
Salt and Oil to taste.
1. Wash and clean the ridgegourd to make sure all the soil is removed.
2. Scrape the sharp edges with a sharp knife until the surface is smooth.
3. Slice the ridgegourd into half and quarters and then cross cut it into 1/2 inch pieces.
4. In a blender, grind to a smooth paste the almonds, Green chillies and ginger.
5. Place a pan on heat and add a tablespoon of oil.6. Add Cumin seeds and split red chillies and let them crackle and add the asafoetida.
7.Toss in the vegetable and salt to taste and haldi.
8. Add 1/2 cup water to allow the vegetable to cook, along with the ground paste,
9. Cook until the ridgegourd is cooked and the gravy has thickened.
10. Serve with homemade Phulkas.