A spontaneous desire to eat this comfort food led me to make it this way..... but you are more than welcome to try other versions because I don't think it could ever go wrong!! This is a great 15 minute weekday dinner idea if you keep frozen burgers in your freezer. BTW, the ingredients were just created in my imagination so this is not an authentic Loco Moco. A scoop of the meaty burger in a spoon, with a bite of oeey fried egg along with hot steamed rice and the gravy loaded with flavor- all in one mouthful... !! no kidding--- it turned out to be insanely delicious:)
3 fried eggs(1 per person)
1-2 cups water use as needed
Three scoops steamed rice
3 burger sized Sausage patties (The original is made with Beef and Pork burger patties)
I used a couple of pre-prepared veggie burgers too.
Mccormicks Gravy packet -2
Mccormicks Madras Curry Powder- 1.4 tspn
Black Pepper powder
1. Prepare steamed rice in a steamer or pan and keep warm.
2. While the rice is cooking, pan fry the Sausage patties in a pan.
3. Remove the patties. Fry the eggs to desired texture and keep aside.
In the same pan fry the onions and carrots.
4. Add the water mentioned in the gravy packet and 1/2 cup extra water. Cook lightly,
5. Slowly add gravy flour mixed in 2 tblspns cold water to the pan.
6. Add curry powder and pepper to taste. When the gravy is slightly thick remove the pan from the fire.
7. To serve take a plate and place a scoop of rice in the center. Top with a pattie and pour two ladles of gravy over it.
8. Distribute the carrots and onion cubes evenly between the three plates.
9. Top with fried egg and serve.