Thursday, November 10, 2011
#168 Flawless Jammin Jerk Shrimp Fajitas
8 oz Raw Cleaned and deveined Shrimp
or 8 oz Salmon steaks
2 Tblspn of my very own Jerk Paste from my recipe # 154
(I refrigerated the Freshly made Jerk Paste and it stayed fresh.
My Jerk Chicken with Mango Sauce recipe also gives instructions on how to make the Jerk Paste)
6 Corn tortillas
1/2 red bell pepper sliced
1/2 green bell pepper sliced
2-3 slices of red onion
2 cloves garlic sliced.
Lime, sour cream, avocado, and /or salsa
Olive Oil and chopped Cilantro as needed.
1. There are two ways you can choose to cook the shrimp/salmon either grill or stove top.
2. I decided to make it stove top in a grill pan using just fresh shrimp.
3. Before you start make sure to rub the Jerk paste all over the cleaned shrimp/salmon.
4. Place the grill pan on the stove and add some Olive oil.
5. When the pan is heated to medium, toss in the shrimp, quickly cook the shrimp on both sides and remove.
7. Now, warm up the corn tortillas and place them on a serving plate.
8. In the same grill pan toss in the onions and garlic with a Tablepoon of Olive oil.
9. When the onions are a bit soft, add both peppers and saute quickly. Do not overcook.
10. For serving place a Tablespoon of the pepper mixture at the center of the tortilla.
11. Place your choice of seafood, flaked salmon or shrimp over it.
12. Serve with sour cream, lime, salsa, avocado and chopped cilantro.