Sunday, November 20, 2011

#171 Melitzana me Yiaourti or Eggplant Dip with Yogurt

Don't let the name "Melitzana me Yiaourti" throw you off, it is one of the easiest and most versatile dips I have tasted. The refreshing eggplant dip with Greek yogurt is so versatile that it can be eaten with almost anything... veggies, crackers or bread and also called Baba Ghanouj. As you read this recipe you will also see how easily you can make it in five steps and that too with very few ingredients. The addition of strained Greek yogurt and Tahini(Sesame Paste) nurtures the roasted eggplant mash to 'dip' perfection.
Smooth and creamy, my Melitzana me Yiaourti was a clean bowl hit with my family and I served this creamy smooth dip with Rosemary-Sundried tomato bread as part of my Greek Mezze!!

Ingredients:
•2 round eggplants
•3 tablespoons of Greek extra virgin olive oil
•juice of 1 lemon
•2 tablespoons of tahini
•1 cup of strained Greek yogurt
•salt to taste
•1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
A pinch of Paprika and 1 tspn Extra Virgin Olive Oil



Before I get to the steps on how to make this incredibly delicious dip, I must take some time to mention Sonali Pradhan from http://onlyfishrecipes.blogspot.com/, who has been so generous as to send me this award. I am truly humbled and accept it with great honor. Thank You Sonali:)

It would be a shame if I didn't pass it on to five of my foodie friends. I have so many people who inspired me it is hard to pick five from the crowd.  But you have drawn me to return to your blogs so much so that I just keep coming back to see what you've conjured up every week. I am never dissappointed because there is always something deliciously divine waiting for me:)

Jessica from http://www.kitchenbelleicious.com/
Charles from http://www.fiveeurofood.com/
Jay from http://tastyappetite.blogspot.com/
Divya from http://www.edivyaraj.blogspot.com/
Sarah from http://www.vazhayila.com/

To keep the ball rolling..................
1. Please accept the award. Post it in your blog with the name of the blogger who has given you this award with a link to his/her blog.
2.Be generous and pass it on to 5 other blogger friends.
3. Inform the nominated blogger by leaving acomment in their most recent post to let them know about the award. It's a good feeling to be recognized:)


Preparation:
1. I pierced the eggplant with a fork and broiled them for 10-15 minutes until the eggplant turned black and was very soft. (Alternatively, char it on the grill, or over an open flame.)
2. Set to cool on a rack with paper towels underneath. Peel as soon as they can be handled.
3. Place one eggplant at a time in a bowl and mash with a fork. Add olive oil and lemon juice and mix well with a wire whisk.
4. Add tahini and whisk until thoroughly blended. Add yogurt and continue to whisk. Add salt to taste.
5. Place dip in a serving bowl, sprinkle with parsley, paprika and olive oil and chill before serving.

11 comments:

  1. delicious dear..U have made it perfectly..Love to make this..New follower here..

    Do visit my blog too
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yeah! Yeah because this dip looks beyond fabulous and perfect for the holidays coming up and YEAH because I got an award! Thank you dear friend- you always keep me coming back for more with your recipes too and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us over the holidays. You rock and Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. first time here... egg plant dip with yoghurt looks delicious... glad to follow you.. do visit my blog sometime..

    ReplyDelete
  4. The recipe sounds absolutely delicious! I love eggplant and this looks like a whole, healthy dish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Malli - it's so kind of you - it's so lovely to hear that people enjoy reading my site!

    For your recipe - wow, it looks so delicious. I posted something a little like this a few weeks ago, although I added garlic too... I'm surprised you didn't - the tastes go really well together. I love the finishing touches of paprika and olive oil. A beautiful dip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Malli, A delicious and healthy treat! Perfect for the Thanksgiving holiday. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful dip for the coming festive season, Malli! Congrats on the award too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful eggplant dish.
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete

It’s always a pleasure to get feedback from all our readers. Please leave your name or contact info. Thanks for stopping by!

Print Friendly

Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF