Sunday, January 23, 2011

#70 Pomegranate Cosmopolitans

My infatuation for home made cocktails and mixed drinks has been growing by the day. It makes me feel better that I know what ingredients go into each drink and what could be better than shaking up your own cocktail?.. Cosmopolitans are usually made with triple sec, lime and cranberry juice and vodka. Did I mention that I love Pom Wonderful(Pomegranate Juice) ? This is a fresh and artfully smooth mixed drink where I have combined the fruitiness of Pom with Vodka and lemon juice. I created this recipe being inspired by Ina Garten’s Pomegranate Cosmopolitans. During the making, it got so twisted it became my own. I ended up changing it to my liking so much so that it became a new idea, adding mint and twice the Pom, a splash of orange juice, more sugar to sweeten the bitterness, and Voila!!


Ingredients
  • 11/2 cups Finlandia vodka
  • 1 cup  orange liqueur (recommended Cointreau)
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 4 cups pomegranate juice (recommended: Pom Wonderful)
  • 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • ½ cup orange or cranberry juice
  • Lime/lemon sections, to garnish

Method:
  1. Combine the vodka, orange liqueur, pomegranate juice, orange juice, and lemon juice in a pitcher and refrigerate until ready to use.
  2. Pour the mixture into glasses rimmed with colored sugar adding sliced lemon/lime sections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s always a pleasure to get feedback from all our readers. Please leave your name or contact info. Thanks for stopping by!

Print Friendly

Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF