Sunday, January 9, 2011

#61 Tzatziki Sauce- Tangy and Sweet

In most of the local Greek restaurants I visited this sauce is used as a dip, with lamb, gyros, souvlaki or fried potatoes. Tzatziki is the most extraordinary dip-- a luscious delight best used as an accompaniment to any meat, undoubtedly good with my Lamb and Chicken Kebabs. Depending on the portion of sauce I make, I enjoy it as a dressing for salads and also with lettuce and spring onion salads.  Each time I whip up this sauce, I make sure that I have plenty leftover in my fridge to use as a dip for veggies and pita chips.


Ingredients:
1 Medium cucumber peeledm sliced in half and grated
1 cup Greek Yogurt
1 Tblspn olive oil
1 tspn Lemon Juice
1/2 tspn salt and pepper.
1 Tspn cilantro and mint chopped
1 clove garlic crushed and minced
1/4 tspn paprika for dusting

Method:
1. Grate the Cucumber using a hand grater with the large crevices.
2. In a medium glass bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, mix well and
chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator to allow all the flavors to marry.
3. Serve with  my
Stick to your Ribs Lamb and Chicken Kabobs

No comments:

Post a Comment

It’s always a pleasure to get feedback from all our readers. Please leave your name or contact info. Thanks for stopping by!

Print Friendly

Print Friendly Version of this pagePrint Get a PDF version of this webpagePDF