Goat meat/mutton bone in cut up-1 ½ lbs
Onions- 11/2 cups chopped well
Green chillies- 3 chopped
Ginger Paste- 1 Tblspn
Garlic Cloves- 6 crushed
Chilli Powder- 1 tspn
Black pepper powder- 1tspn
Haldi powder- ½ tspn
Coriander/Dhanya powder- 1 Tblspn
Lemon juice- 2 Tblspn
Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
Coconut sliced up- a few(optional)
Fennel seeds- 2 Tblspn
Cumin seeds- ½ tspn
Cardamom seeds– ½ tspn
Cinnamon stick- ½ inch
- Wash the meat and place in a pressure cooker. Add ½ cup of water and salt and pepper to taste and cook well for 10 mins or less.
- There will be some liquid in the cooker after the meat is cooked. Drain out the meat and cook the liquid down.
- When there is about 1/4 cup of liquid, add the onions and green chillies along with ginger garlic.
- Cook the onions in the liquid and there is enough oil to cook it. Before the liquid evaporates completely add the coriander, haldi,chilli powders.
- Roast the ingredients for the spice powder in a skillet until the aroma is given out. Powder in a coffee grinder to fine texture.
- Add the above powder, lemon juice and curry leaves to the meat mix and keep frying until the spices have penetrated the meat and mutton pieces are well coated with the remaining gravy.
- If desired add some sliced fresh coconut and stir for a minute before removing.